Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Annual Nine Flower Chive Blossom Omelet!

One of the early signs of summer is the blooming of the chives!  It is an Allium and a member of the onion family.  So when The Herbal Husband cooks Saturday breakfast, he offers to make me a chive blossom omelet.  I always say yes and then regret it later.  You see he puts eight or nine WHOLE blossoms into the omelet.  The omelet isn't feeding eight people!  It is feeding just me!  So if he offers this year.  I'm going to gently remind him to just put a few parts of the blossom in the omelet!  Hope you are enjoying the day wherever you may be.  Going out to exercise.  It's a beautiful day here and then I'm going to tackle moving some herbs around.

2 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

I love chives and put them in EVERYTHING! I have never cooked with the blossoms...I might just have to try that one.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Just take one blossom Missy and break it apart and use a few petals. Not a whole blossom! Way too much flavor and not in a good way! Thanks for stopping by!