Friday, January 21, 2011

An Edible Flower Screen!

These yuccas were on my walk to the Garden Museum in London.  Thought it was a novel idea to hide the car.  Really love the way Londoners use every available space.  Bet you forgot yuccas are an edible flower.  We have them in our salads when they bloom here in May or June.  Don't forget to take out the stamens and other parts.  Eat just the petals of organically grown flowers!  Hope you are staying warm!  IT IS FREEZING HERE!  Just unburied the car for the umpteenth time!  It is getting really old for The Herbal Husband.  I still enjoy it since we don't have to commute any more!  I'm a four seasons kinds of girl.  Talk to you later.  Forgot the quote yesterday!  So we will use yesterday's for today's from Mrs. Reppert's TwelveMonth Herbal.

An herb is a garden plant which has been cherished for itself and for a use.
-- Henry Beston

6 comments:

Penny Watson said...

Wow! I didn't know yucca flowers were edible. Cool...I have some growing in my garden I yank out every year.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

See, you learned something new, Penelope! Thanks for stopping by!

Terra said...

I agree with you, that is a gorgeous way to hide a car from view.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Terra!

Anonymous said...

You are right! I forgot that Yuccas are edible. I love the 4 seasons as well but I sure wish I no longer had to commute. Have a great day!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Sorry you still do, Mina! Hope you have a great day as well.