Monday, April 25, 2011

Got a Request and Have Gotten It Before, Herbally Speaking!

I got a request from a new follower and others in the past to write a blog devoted to planting a new herb garden.  Also talking about growing herbs in containers as a foil against deer.  The good news, Linda, is that deer mostly don't eat herbs. The one herb that they do eat are roses because they know they are an edible flower!

Maybe I should be doing a blog called Lemon Verbena Lady's Herb Gardening 101.  I just did a 2 hour and 15 minute talk on it and it could translate into a blog I suppose.  Well, I have thought about doing a book/booklet.  I'm trying to concentrate on this blog, my blog on The Herb Companion magazine and I'm supposed to be blogging for The Herbal Bouquet.  Not doing that very well!  Linda who just asked is from Georgia and Becca who is a follower from Alabama has asked for me to write about the herbs in my garden and how I use them.  My blogging friend, Taylorsoutback, from Wisconsin, would like to hear me speak.  So would Tufa Girl in Texas.  She is always trying to motivate me to do a booklet/book, a podcast, something, anything on herbs.  So Linda, you aren't the only one who is trying to get me to write, speak something about starting an herb gardening.  I'm going to think about it.  If you have a suggestion, please let me know in an e-mail or a comment.

P.S. There is a new post on The Herb Companion Website.  Just click the photo to get to the new post.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You have so much great herb knowledge. The herb recipes you share are something I would try (do try) unlike some herb books/websites. Herbs for everyday, type things. Just saying, you have a lot to share.

BTW, beautiful herb house you and the Herbal Husband have - even in winter.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks for all of your support, TG! I'll get my act together here shortly!

Pat said...

You do plan on autographing each book we order from you, right!!?? :o)
We are such a demanding bunch aren't we ?
You do have a lot on that proverbial plate
& at some point in the day you need to be out in the garden just enjoying it with the Herbal Husband.
So take care of yourself, take time to gather the lavender and be sure to let us know when you have the book ready. VBG.
No pressure there, right?

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, I know TO. I have a very good life and my blogging some times gets in the way!:) I'm sitting here typing while the sun is finally out! I need to be outside. So I'm just going to go! Thanks as always for your support and advice!

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

Well, I'm putting in my request for you to come out West and teach me everything! :)

Just wanted to tell you that I used your herbal butter recipe on my basil bread. It was beyond yummy! (I put a link to your blog on the post too.)

Happy Spring my friend and try not to completely overdo yourself,

Jules

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks friend! I had a small meltdown, but I've come out of it OK.