Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Even These Are A Bit Early!

Chives are usually the barometer in the herb garden.  They did die back, but not like they usually do.  Here they are already starting to bud.  They are a couple of weeks early.  So I will get ready for the nine flower chive omelet!  The Herbal Husband always makes it for me every year.  He forgets that it takes only one flower to flavor an omelet.   It is freezing here today.  The wind is really wild making it that much colder.  Getting ready for my afternoon cup of tea and treat!  Oh, the routines we have.  Hope you are having a great day.  Been working on my next posts for The Herb Companion.  They may be up either today or tomorrow.  Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Faith said...

My chives up as well, but no flowers yet. You can make an omlet with 1 flower from the chives? Didn't know that. Learning about herbs is going to be fun. Thanks for that info..I also..did not know that they are the barometer of the garden..:) 40 here in NE Ohio, rain/snow/sleet, no sunshine...It is April, to be expected.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, the flower sprinkled over the omelet before you finish it is very tasty! They are my barometer, maybe not other people's! It is just colder than we have had here! Brrr! Thanks for stopping by, Faith!

Carol said...

My chives are just about to burst open with blooms! I was so excited I even covered them tonight because of the freeze warning. My yard looks like a giant drying rack for sheets :0

Sharon said...

Nancy,

My parsley survived the mild winter we had here in VA and it is beautiful. I've never had this happen before.

Have you seen any good movies lately? I had not been to the movies in quite a while.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, it is just amazing early, Carol! I haven't covered anything up and I have multicolored plants at the moment!

Parsley is pretty hardy here as well, Sharon. No, no good movies at the moment. The Herbal Husband is going through withdrawal without his movies. Oh, actually we saw Salmon on the Yemen River with Ewan MacGregor, Emily Blunt and Kristin Scott Thomas. It was good. There just haven't been great movies coming out. I heard Titanic wasn't that good in 3D and to pay more money didn't make the Herbal Husband want to see it again! I'll let you know when we see a winner. xxoo Nancy