Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Huge Herbal Surprise!

I am outside working in the herb garden and what should I see popping up out the ground!  My LEMON VERBENA is coming back!  Whoo Hoo!  Very, very exciting.  I left two outside and the other one is just growing weeds at the moment!  Now I have to be like a protective mama and remember to cover it when we have our next frost warning!  And you know that will come along!  It has been a weird year.  Hope you are finding herbal surprises in your garden as well.  Talk to you later.

6 comments:

Casa Mariposa said...

Hooray!! It's always exciting when a plant comes back. I'm in zone 7a. If I grew lemon verbena in my sunny garden how tall can I expect it to get? I've heard anywhere from 2 to 4 ft.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi CM, yes, I would say maybe even a bit taller. It would love it in Zone 7a. Enjoy!

Pat said...

Amazing - more zone envy on my part:o). I am just pleased to have new growth on my thyme plants & the salad burnet making it through the first winter.

Comfrey Cottages said...

how cool it overwintered, Nancy! yea!! xxx

Carla said...

Verbena Jelly is not far behind!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is exciting TO to get any herb through some winters. You will love your salad burnet and thyme can be problematic in a cold and wet winter. So good for you!

Well, I guess I would lose my title of lemon verbena lady, wouldn't I?

Well, it has to grow a whole lot more Carla, but yes, I can see it in the future.

Thanks ladies for stopping by.