Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Something for Everyone in the Catalog Category!

The Herbarium from Massachusetts and Horizon Herbs in Oregon

Botanical Interests Seed Catalog

The Antique Rose Emporium-Don't Forget Roses are the Herb of the Year 2012

Goodwin Creek Gardens in Oregon

White Flower Farm in Connecticut
The seed catalogs have started to wind down.  That means the the plant catalogs have started up.  The top photo are catalogs from The Herbarium in western Massachusetts and Horizon Herbs in far away Oregon.  Both very good medicinal herb sources.  Probably one of my last seed catalogs of the season from Botanical Interests  in Colorado.  A very good source of roses, 2012 herb of the year, for you southern folks from the Antique Rose Emporium out of Texas.  Goodwin Creek Gardens from Oregon has a great herb plant and seed selection and other plant choices as well.  And last but not least, I got White Flower Farm from Connecticut.  I ordered The Works (100 daffodil bulbs) many years ago and they are still producing beautiful flowers.   The weather continues to be summer like, but we are supposed to cool down over the weekend!  Thank goodness.  I would have had to take the cover off the ac if it hadn't!  Continue to work in the garden.  Tried to make a dent in cutting down the front!  I need a machete!  Hopefully I will be able to get that done by next week when you know who gets back from Peru!  I'm going to the Phipps flower show and the Hunt Institute tomorrow.  Will share some photos.  Hope you have had a great day.  Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Nice selection of catalogs. I just ordered my veggie seeds from Bakers Creek...spend the last 2 days getting things ready in the garden. Still have lots to do. Because it's been so warm it feels like I'm behind when in reality I'm way ahead.

Anne said...

Beautiful! Lovely blog, I'm a new follower!
Best,
Anne ♥♥

Comfrey Cottages said...

thanks for sharing! i ordered the rose one as i didn't know about it!!! xxx

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great catalogs. I look forward to seeing your garden this year.

We've had our a.c. on for a couple of weeks now, with maybe a day or two where we turned it back off. I'm afraid our summer will be starting soon. At least we get the easterly breezes from the ocean, which is about 3 miles from our little cottage.

Happy spring gardening,

FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I have a lot to do and The Herbal Husband gets back next week! Yikes!

Hi Anne, thanks for joining in the chaos.

Hi CC, always happy to see your face.

Hi FL, I'm working on a design plan. Ha! My plan is to work on a new design. Oh, we are hitting record highs all over the place.

Thanks ladies for stopping by.