Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Warm and Windy!

We went from snow and cold to no snow and warm (in the 60's) and windy.  I have so much to do (as usual) that I'm just going to take one thing at a time.  I did a garbage patrol today because out front someone had dumped some drinks in what they might of thought was a garbage bin.  We had to put up a wire fence to keep out the dogs from leaving deposits.  It has worked for the dogs, but the humans need a little more training!  This is a great time to be weeding the grass out and trimming the herbs back.  My pineapple mint invades everywhere and I don't mind it too much.  I do try to control it at this time of year so that it doesn't become a problem later.  I also didn't get carried away because I don't want to be sore tomorrow!  I want to be able to get back out there and keep working!
It may not look like much but the mint survived above ground this winter more than any other year.  It will be easy to see where it needs to come out.  Hope you are having a good day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Pineapple mint sounds wonderful.

I bet it felt good to you to be outdoors working in your garden beds. Pretty soon you'll have herbs and flowers popping up all over.

I bought a little pot of lemon balm the other day and hope it does well for me. I think I'll keep it in a pot.

Enjoy the coming of spring.

FlowerLady

Carol said...

It was warm and windy here too. Did do a small amount of yard work but not much. Mostly just set and listened to the Peepers singing :0)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I wish we were closer FlowerLady. I have so much lemon balm! Hope you enjoy it!

I just stayed out for a bit because I wanted not to be sore tomorrow. Looks like rain is coming so I'll work on my next posts inside and water plants.

Thanks ladies for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Silly lady, if the mint survived above ground, two thirds of it survived below.... and all the above could be pulled and half the below and you might have "just right" amount.

PeggyR said...

Hasn't this weather been nuts!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, yes I know Mimi. I'm just amazed what has survived this year.

Yes, it really is crazy, Peggy!

Mateo Jose said...

Great blog! I need to start gardening again. It reminds me of my granddaddy.