Friday, August 17, 2012

Nasturtiums Are Going Crazy!

We had The Herbal Husband's famous guacamole the other day and here were the nasturtiums waiting to be filled with avocado goodness.  Really this is the time of the year that the nasturtiums shine or bloom with reckless abandon!  I'm getting ready to test my Master Gardener skills at Garden in the Park, a local event at two of our county parks in Allegheny County.  I have been meaning to show you something I purchased last summer when we were in France.
A Nasturtium Funnel with a Lady Bug on the Rim!

Here's the Underside!
I think it is very cute, don't you?  Hope you have had a great day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

4 comments:

Barbara @ The Healthy Nut said...

And don't you just love the way those gorgeous flowers look atop a green salad? Never thought of stuffing them. Great idea and we do love guac! Thanks

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You're welcome, BHN!

PeggyR said...

Oh I like what you did and the flowers are lovely.

Casa Mariposa said...

My nasturiums bit the dust much earlier this year. Very odd. Actually, they were still growing but were so miserable I yanked them. Your flowers are beautiful!