Thursday, August 30, 2012

Stink Bugs Are Lurking!

I just wanted to alert you that if you have a stink bug infestation and you have a lemon verbena plant, this is probably what you are seeing in your garden.  Last year I wasn't paying attention and it really damaged this particular lemon verbena.  The one that came back from the ground.

Those darker brown cuts are the damage they do.  First it is the four lined plant bug in spring and then comes the Japanese beetles in early summer and the stink bugs are overlapping both of those pests!  It may be very bad before they come along with a parasitic wasp that will manage them!  Stay away from my lemon verbena!  A great day in the garden here in the 'Burgh.  Inside making grape juice for more jelly!  Hope you are having a great day.  Will share my birthday adventures in the next post.  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for the heads-up! LV seems to be more prone to infestations and attacks than any other herb. It always gets aphids if I try to bring it indoors for the winter. Have a happy birthday!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Barbara! I already have had a happy birthday! Still celebrating!