Thursday, August 23, 2012

What Time Is It? It's Time for Four O'Clocks!

These flowers never bloom at four o'clock.  This was about 10:30 AM the other morning!  By now you understand that we have Peruvian influences in our garden and this is one of those.  They also have a slight fragrance which The Herbal Husband likes very much.  I think this is considered an old-fashioned garden plant. They are very easily planted because the seeds are particularly large.  Good for those small hands to plant and succeed.  These are volunteers and they seem happy in a semi-shaded space along the fence.  Well, it is another beautiful day.  We had our shopping and Panera lunch day.  Always a good thing.  Hope you are having a great day.  Talk to you later.

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love 4 o'clocks. I have a light pink and a darker pink and I too love their scent. Have you seen the size of some of the tubers they get? WOW! They grow easily from seed as I've gobs and oodles of volunteers, but I don't mind.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Unknown said...

I, too, love the scent of the four o'clocks!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

We have some seeds that are slowly growing and hopefully, we will have some more soon, FL!

They are delicious, aren't they Dorothy!

Thanks ladies for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard of these. They look very pretty.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Maybe you don't have them, Tracey! They are very easy to grow from seed. Thanks for stopping by as always! xxoo Nancy

seanymph said...

I remember this plant from when I was a little girl. My neighbor had one and I used to collect the black seeds from them. Dont ask me why, I just thought they were cool as a kid lol