Friday, June 10, 2011

I Had Better Show You Whistler!

Really there are mountains at Whistler, but it's so much more!  Lots of recreation to do in the spring and summer there besides skiing.  They were still skiing there through the end of May at least.  Mostly we were there to eat and shop!

So in amongst the mountains, snow, water and beauty, there was a tea shop and lunch!  We had to eat early enough because there was afternoon tea on the train going back.  There was a method to our madness!  I got The Summer Collection of teas from David's Tea.  Of course, they let you try a sample to get you in the mood.  The choices are:  Banana Daiquiri (had a sample of that one), Papayarama, Blazing Strawberries, Midsummer Night's Dream and Luscious Watermelon.  I'll share my experiences as I try them.  Need to get them out so I remember they are available to drink!!  The mind is feeble in this heat!  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  Many of the teas have clever titles!  It was a fun experience.  Just smelling the box is making me thirsty! 

Then came lunch or brunch.  We scoped out a crepe place called Crepe Montagne.  Very French/Swiss with crepes and fondue.  Of course, we had to try both!  Puff out your cheeks!  It was a lot of food!  But delish!  All in all Whistler was a great day.  Beautiful weather and not too many people!  So I promise my next post will be the train ride back with afternoon tea!  Cooling down here finally!  Talk to you later.  Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Whistler looks very much like some places in Nz - stunning!
The tea names sound fun

enjoying your travels along with you.

Love Leanne

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks for dropping by Leanne! Have to get over your way for a visit!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had some great sightseeing weather. I love a train ride. Never been on anything fancier than Amtrack but it is fun to just sit and look at the scenery while in the dining car.

Pat said...

Really enjoying traveling along with you - Whistler looks delightful!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I married a train lover, TG! We have been on a clogwheel train in West Virginia, a train in northern NM into Colorado and trains in Europe of course. Just like flying or computers, when they work well, it's great and when they don't, you know! The weather was beautiful. We even brought sunny skies to Washington state! You'll see later.

Thanks TO. We had a beautiful day there. More adventures to come.