Monday, March 30, 2015

So Excited, Herbally Speaking!

What?!  A Chive Blossom!
The Primula Moved into the Herb Garden Is Blooming!
Well, as some of you have seen on Facebook, the herb garden has come to life even with our cold temperatures.  We have started to clean old herb residue from the new plants coming up.  I do think that the old chives laying over the new ones, protected that little blossom!  Mary Nell on Facebook also reminded me of the Mother Nature, longer days fact, etc. which is also true.  After the winter we have had temperature wise I am glad to see that herbs have survived.  The sorrel is coming back as well.  The lemon herb garden survived.  More photos to follow.

Part of My Lemon Herb Garden--Sorrel!
I Do Have Catnip in My Herb Garden.  It's the Lemon Catnip!
I will say there are causalities, herbally speaking and I will show you those in future posts.  We have a sunny and somewhat warmer day into the 40's, but the wind is blowing fiercely.  We probably have a wind chill in the low 30's or high 20's.  We are forecast to be 70 on Thursday for one day only!  Very March and April like!  Never know what you are going to get.  Hope you are having a great day!  I will talk to you again soon!    

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Glad to see some new herbal growth happening in your gardens. I feel your excitement.

Have a nice Easter week ~ FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks FL! We hope you have a lovely and peaceful Easter as well. xo The Herbal Husband and LVL