Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Herb Garden at The Geffrye Museum, London, England!

A Well-Positioned Sign Leads to the Herb Garden
A Narrow Path Guides to the Herb Garden
A Map of the Herb Garden Layout

An Herb Garden Room
A Beautiful Seat and Fountain
My Favorite, Lemon Verbena!
My Favorite Closeup!
It Doesn't Feel Like You Are in London!
One Last View
A View Into the Other Rooms!
A Rosemary As Big As A Table!
A Knot Garden
I wanted to do a quick post about the Herb Garden at The Geffrye Museum.  And sadly for my friend, Anne in the Herbaholic's Herbs, it isn't going to reopen until March 28!  The Chelsea Physic Garden is only open Monday through Friday at the moment.  I don't think you are going to see gardens this weekend in London, Anne.  I'm sure you will find other herbal things to do.  You will have an idea for the next adventure to take to London later in the year.

The tile surrounding the fountain says "In celebration of healing herbs this fountain a gift from Gerard House of Cranesbill of Honeysuckle to cure to anoint of lavender spike + sage to refresh + to savor.  This garden was created by the Geffrye Museum Trust to inspire and to delight.  Fountain by Kate Malone.  Illustrates herbs grown by 17th Century London Herbalist John Gerrard 1994.

I wanted to post this so you could get a sense of how wonderful this herb garden is and why it is one of my favorites in London.  Even with a group of school children running around taking notes, it was a very calming place!  Hope you are having a great day!  Still cold here, but the daffodils are showing green!  Talk to you later!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Can you picture me with my nose pressed to the iPad screen? Love the lemon verbena and the rosemary. When we toured Tuscany, we came across rosemary shrubs - so immense! My little pots are definitely hindered by our northern climate.
Thank you again for sharing the lovely images.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Glad you are enjoying my visit. Embarrassed that I can't seem to write more frequently. Going to rain tomorrow so maybe will do something else. Thanks for stopping by TO! xo

Rosemary said...

This one is going on the list! we are going to England this Summer! S.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Lucky you Rosemary! This is a beautiful herb garden and other garden settings. Stay tuned. I'll post more. xo

Herbaholic said...

Wonderful photos, hopefully we can see this together later this year :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I hope so too! xo