This is an allotment outside Geddington on the way to Grafton-Underwood. The Herbal Husband and I stopped briefly and had a chat with this gentleman. He paid four pounds for his plot! I would say that is a bargain. They use an old form of measurement called a rod. Each rod is about two pounds. The average plot is twenty pounds or ten rods. On one of the allotment sites, the prices vary greatly and you will learn a little history about the allotment. He will easily feed his family and have vegetables and herbs left to share. Here is a look at the rest of the plots. It was still early in the season. You can see allotments all over the countryside. It is a beautiful process and as long as it is properly maintained, it works very well. Join a community garden in your area. You will benefit and you can share your knowledge with other gardeners.
- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!