Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Away We Go to Shardlow!


We took a train to Derby, England after landing in London and rented a car. I then drove us the six miles or so on the WRONG SIDE of the road to Shardlow. It is a beautiful little village known for its barge building facilities and located on the river Trent and the Mersey Canal. Holden House Bed & Breakfast is owned by Angie and is helped by her father, Barrie, so it is all in the family. It is a very restful place to stay. We stayed in Room 2. I'll show you what's behind these curtains tomorrow! We will also talk about Angie's beautiful cat, Monty! He is a character! Yes, I know I fell for a cat!

2 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

oh i am so excited for you! so you have been in england! so happy for you and hope you had a wonderful time! can't wait for the next post! thanks for sharing hugs :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, Leslie we had a great time and there is one more country that I will tell you about later.