Friday, June 5, 2009

OMG! We Have Ladybug Eggs and Babies!

Do you see what I'm seeing! They are ladybug eggs! NO KIDDING! A couple of weeks ago I was hoping to move the tansy to the compost pile! NOT ANY MORE! I would still like to move it to the back of our garden, but this is so exciting! The ladybugs seem to be around every other day and are really active, wink, wink! So active, we already have ladybug babies that look like tiny red and black alligators! Here is a picture! So be careful what you wish for because you may be displacing an important part of the balance of the garden!

5 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

awww that is so cool nancy! your tansy plant is a nursery for ladybugs! right on lady, every garden is its own ecosystem! hugs :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is truly amazing Leslie! Hugs to you! ;>}

Jules@MoonCatFarms said...

That is great for you! They are so important to our gardens.

Last year I showed my hubby what ladybug eggs/larvae looked like. I was very proud of him when he showed me all of the weeds he'd spared (for a while) this spring because they were hosting ladybug babies!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks for stopping by. I was so excited! I glad were teaching all of the hubbies!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I meant to say "I'm glad we are teaching all of the hubbies!" Fingers were flying faster than the speed of sound!