One of my favorite roses is blooming in my garden. I thought until this moment that it was an 'Alfred de Dalmas'. If you look at the Heirloom Roses website, you may agree with me that I don't have 'Alfred'. It said it's a repeat bloomer and disease resistant! It is neither of those.
It is a beautiful flower though and has a wonderful fragrance. I'm going to dry some petals and add them to my tea blends. Remember all roses that aren't chemically treated are edible. I just would not eat florists' roses because they are from other countries which may use chemicals. I'll have to do a little research and let you know what I think it might be. If you have any ideas on what this rose might be, I would love to hear from you!
- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!