- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Surrounded by Roses!
This is one of my favorite times of year because the 'Apothocary's Rose' and 'Rosa Mundi' are in full bloom. They are both gallica roses. They are one time bloomers, but very fragrant and the bees love them! Important! They are both very old roses (I bought new ones!), but they were grown by the Greek and Romans! They grew everything, didn't they? Here is a closeup of 'Rosa Mundi' which was named after Fair Rosamund, the mistress of King Henry II of England. Gotta get some gardening done before the rain comes! See you later! P.S. The hummer is back. It was sipping from the sage flowers! Whoo Hoo! Hope to get photos!