Friday, September 2, 2011

One of My Favorite Late Summer Herbs

My bronze fennel is blooming in the back garden.  It's a little hard to see in this photo.  I'm going to watching closely (Ha!) so I can cut the flowers before they seed everywhere in the garden.  I think that the bronze fennel looks good with the purple coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) and the black-eyed Susans (Rudbeckia fulgida ‘Goldsturm’)Really muggy and hot today.  Got another batch of raspberry jam made.  Got to get my Mother Earth News Fair handouts done and speech timed!  May disappear for a couple of days.  Hope you have a great Labor (Can't believe it!) Day weekend!  Cooler here next week.  Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Looking forward to the cool down here too!!!! I've had it with 100 degree days :( Every time you mention the raspberry jam I drool....the heat and lack of rain did mine in this year so no jam here :(

Unknown said...

Too hot here to think of making jam. Just when I get close to some good farms, too. Ah, well, next year. I am certain your talk will be a hit! Have a great weekend.

Pat said...

This afternoon - storms and humidity finally decreasing...
Sending cooler weather on to you. In the 60's here tomorrow!

Have a good holiday weekend.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Hi dear Nancy,

YES, blogging is the greatest. We make real friends by sharing with so many. I love it.

Oh, oh, oh, I have bronze fennel popping up everywhere in my Calif. gardens...even in tiny terra cotta pots. Boy, will I have my work cut out for me when we get home.

Sending love,

Sharon

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I'm a bit behind!