- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennials
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Links to Timber Press Book Reviews
- Info About My Handout for The Zen of Making Herbal Jelly!
Friday, September 30, 2011
Not Your Typical Basil! (UPDATED FOR TUFA GIRL A/K/A FW DIRT)!
Sorta of did a half done (You can insert the word you like better there.) post yesterday. Tufa Girl a/k/a FW Dirt asked me botanical name, etc. If I had had time FWD, you know I would have. Here you go, FWD.
Here is a really good article link from The Herb Companion and Jim Long, FWD with the botanical name, Ocimum selloi.
We tried to save seeds from our plant and gave them to our niece in Peru. The seeds didn't germinate. Seeds when they drop in the container do germinate. Jim mentions two sources Mulberry Creek in Ohio. They don't do mail order any more. Nichols is the other source and I can't see them there either. Companion Plants in Ohio does sell the seeds and here is the link to buy green pepper basil seeds. Hope you can get the seeds.
Got to run. Already saw 50/50 at the movies. 50/50 is good, but language is rough. If you don't like the f word, this movie is not for you. Talk to you later.