Saturday, July 21, 2012

An Herbal Cleanup Day!

Removed the Scorched Leaves of the Lady's Mantle

Looks Better Already!

The 'Lemon Gem' Marigolds are Growing a Bit Too Well!

Out Come The Sticks and Strings!  Much Better!

The Borage Needs to Come Out to Make Room for Beans!

Leaves on Top of Blooms for This Lamb's Ear!
Really too many cloudy days in the 'Burgh can be a downer!  Today was one of those relief from the hot, icky, sticky days we have been having!  It was cloudy and humid and cooler than normal, but The Herbal Husband and I were happy doing some cleanup chores after the rain.  We are still down 1.7 inches in rain, but we got over 2 inches in our gauge!  As Martha would say, it's a good thing.  Hope you have had a great day.  Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Loved your birthday greetings and comment you left on my blog, Nancy.

I'm anxious to hear if you find "Magic of Belle Isle".

Have a good weekend!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My succulents are the only things that are doing okay in our hot, hot weather. So nice that you are able to do some gardening. I will look forward to new plants and maybe some veges when our winter season rolls around later in the year. Wishing you a wonderful day. Tammy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It's nice to be able to get out to work in gardens on days that's aren't too bad out. I hope to do that this morning, if it doesn't rain before I get started.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Sharon, I will definitely let you know if I see Magic of Belle Isle!

Succulents are always a good thing in times like this, Tammy.

We are right back to heat and humidity, FL! Have a great week as well.

Thanks ladies for stopping by!
xxoo Nancy

PeggyR said...

I love seeing pictures from your garden. We have several swallowtail butterflies flitting around the yard. Also one small all yellow butterfly, maybe an inch in a half in size if that big.