Friday, July 27, 2012

'Green Zebra' Is Still My Favorite!

While I can't eat much tomato sauce these days, I do love a good tomato and peanut butter sandwich.  A Kittanning thing!  Since I have lost weight, I'm not the one eating the peanut butter from the jar!  In fact, I rarely eat it.  This time of year, I make an exception.  So this was breakfast the other day.  Two pieces of lite bread toasted and a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter between the two and a sliced up 'Green Zebra'!  Yummy!  About 200 calories and I always have a small fruit salad and a glass of milk.  About 400 calories total.  Trying to decide what to do whether to start making jelly or work in the garden or going to the movies!  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  Is it lunchtime yet?  Maybe another 'Green Zebra' is waiting for me!  Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Carol said...

I've never had the Green Zibras but have heard they are good. My tomatoes are not doing very well in this heat.Tomorrow I think I am going to build a shade cover for them and add more mulch to the root area. I need to dig my potatoes and I know there is not going to be much out there.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It has been an extreme year, Carol. I think we aren't going to have much in the potato population either.:( Our tomatoes are producing much at the moment. Hopefully we are getting the rain (that you probably need) and cooler temperatures and hopefully we will get better production. The Herbal Husband is seeing blight so we have started to spray! Always something. Thanks for coming by as always, Carol. xxoo Nancy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Tomatoes aren't producing!

PeggyR said...

That sounds different. I've never tried tomatoes with peanut butter.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Oh, it's delicious, Peggy! I think you will think it! Thanks for stopping.