Johnny's Selected Seeds out of Maine. They are employee owned. They do their own research. Hopefully, The Herbal Husband and I will get to visit some time in the near future. Like I said in an earlier post, we keep this catalog at the backdoor because we are always referencing it during the growing season. It has great information. Johnny's also has a great selection of organic seeds and unusual varieties, especially herbs.
The second catalog that appeared that day was White Flower Farm which has been a bible for botanical names of perennials for me for many years. I think it is very similar to the Thompson & Morgan catalog I talked about recently. They both have a lot of unusual varieties. It is still FREEZING here! We are wishing for Lake Erie to FREEZE over. That will stop the lake effect snow!
- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!