Friday, May 21, 2010

Free Can Be Beautiful Too!

My free peony 'Tom Eckhardt' just started blooming.  Will try to update this post later when more blooms are open.  We finally have it in a space that it likes!  Whew!  Why was it free, Lemon Verbena Lady?  Well, I participated in a local symposium where I heard Roy Klehm, owner of Klehm's Song Sparrow Farm and Nursery speak about peonies and he was giving away free peonies!  Life doesn't get any better except if they were herbs!  There I said it!  OK, I need an herbal timeout in the garden.  I have to finish planting my herbal kids.  I'm buying a few more later today.  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to find a space my hydrangea likes...no luck yet. He looks happy!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hydrangea like sun but moist soils, Wendy. Hope you find a spot soon. Thanks for stopping by!