Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Herbs in Bloom!

One of my favorite edible flowers is the Dianthus.  This one is called 'Cheddar Pinks'.  They have that star shaped appearance and as you can see are growing without much soil on top of a red flowered thyme!

This is a happy thyme called 'Linear Leaf'.  I'm married to an architect so sometimes we need those architectural names in our herbs.

Herbie, the Hedgehog is guarding a dear little thyme that is surviving under this about to bloom rosemary santolina.  I'm not sure what kind of thyme it is, but I am admiring its herbal tenacity!  It has gotten hot here FINALLY!  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be!  Talk to you later!

4 comments:

PeggyR said...

Don't you just love it when things bloom!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Wow, Peggy! I was still correcting this post and you were commenting! I do love this time of year! Everything is wonderful! Thanks as always for stopping by!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Loved dropping in from the road trip. Linear leaf is new to me, will you bring a little start of it to my talk??? I just have never seen it offered. Do you remember where you got it?

Dianthus, well say no more. I adore them too. Tiny rubies and others send me over the edge.

Sending love,

Sharon

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I would be pleased to give you a start, Sharon. Counting the days until we meet! Love, Nancy