Saturday, May 22, 2010

It Has Survived!

Just when I thought apple mint was going to take over my front garden, it has slowed down and found a small space to reside.  I forget that it is still in the garden so might use it in a tea blend soon.  I like it because it has that grayed green color and is fairly tall and upright by itself without the aid of The Herbal Husband's sticks and strings.  I do love him, but sometimes the sticks and strings can be a bit too much!  I just keep repeating to myself,  "He is a good helper in the garden and he does love plants including the weeds!"  I actually swept the house because it is pouring outside! Didn't get to dust!  Ooops!  I guess I should have dusted first!  Hope you are enjoying your day wherever you may be.  Off to see my boyfriend, Russell in "Robin Hood."  White horse, Russell Crowe and Kate Blanchett.  I'll forgive him for kissing Kate and then there's the violence.  Oh, well, Russell will make it OK! 

3 comments:

lifeshighway said...

I'll just have to ask because I do not know... are there different varieties of mint? I keep some in a planter and now I am interested in learning what variety it is. Also is spearmint a type of mint?

I am herbally challenged.

Anonymous said...

we are mint crazy here.....partially because Mojito is our favorite summer spirit! So lovely to give him some space in your garden! We are partial to Chocolate Mint!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I have several mints in the ground and one in a container. Can't have mojitos, I can't even have too much mint any more, but have a mojitos for me, Wendy.