- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennials
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Links to Timber Press Book Reviews
- Link to My Handout for The Zen of Making Herbal Jelly!
Monday, May 10, 2010
A Favorite Herbal Flower, Tussie Mussies and Happy Birthday 90th, Roz!
A tussie mussie is usually centered by a rose or other significant flower. Rose means love and gentle; dianthus for mother's love; lemon balm for memories; lemon verbena means enchantment; oregano means joy and happiness; sage for a long life (that has happened) and good health (for the most part that is also true); mint for wisdom and lavender for devotion and, finally, rosemary for remembrance. There is also a piece of 'Silver King' artemisia for contrast. It doesn't have a meaning. Maybe it should be just for Roz! So here's to you, Roz! Happy 90th! May you have many beautiful days to come.