Sunday, May 16, 2010

A New Boxwood Garden, the Real Curry Plant and a Bouquet of Radishes!

Well, the sages took over my mini boxwoods so they got their own space.  Looks a little bare, but they have been overshadowed in several locations.  Hopefully not here.  This is a space overlooking my herb garden and possibly in the future (;>}), I will open up even more space for other herbs!
Meanwhile, we also moved a number of herbs that were being swallowed up by the sages as well.  I got two curry plants (Helichrysum italicum) through the winter which are usually tender here.  Whoo Hoo!  Doesn't happen often.  I love this plant for its gray foliage and it smells just like the spice.  This is not the plant however that is used to make curry.  In fact, curry is a complex mix of spices, just not from one plant.   Here is an article by my friend, Jim Long several years ago in The Herb Companion which explains the difference.  The edible curry plant is (Murraya koenigii).

I will end my post with a bouquet of radishes for you, French Breakfast, Cherriette and Easter Egg.  We always have an abundance of radishes.  Here is a recipe from Letitia Star who blogs for The Herb Companion.  I'll let you know if I try it.  Hope you had a great day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

PeggyR said...

Love your humor and gardens!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Peggy! I have to have humor or else I would be nuts! You have nice plantings as well! I love your herbs in the teacup! That is very clever! Thanks as always for stopping by!