Edible Flowers Fest at the Buffalo Inn in South Park. The first one was free and I think there were more than 200 people there. It was the first time I spoke in front of that many people! Now this year will be the 11th Edible Flowers Fest and it is $20. If you are in the Pittsburgh area and haven't been, now is the time to go. It will be held on Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 7:15 PM. Denise goes all out with the food and it is always a delicious event. Nancy Knauss from the Allegheny County extension office will demonstrate how to make an edible flower container. You can check out the menu from far away by clicking the link above. Looks good again this year, Denise. The book has lots of good information and delicious recipes, but also makes you aware that there are inedible flowers and you have to be careful. It is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Borders. So check it out!
- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!