Think of this plant as an inexpensive, faster growing green "Japanese Maple" that blooms in June. Purist might pale at such a comparison, however, for "Japanese Maple" challenged gardeners, it is definitely hardier to wind and temperature. With finely cut leaves and blooms as attractive to bees as it is to fritter-lovin' folks, it is not a second rate choice.It is a great plant for the garden. Mine is doing well even with the shade it is getting from the Chinese Chestnut tree. Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be. Talk to you later.
- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!
Sunday, June 12, 2011
The Elderberry is Blooming!
Mulberry Creek Herb Farm out near Cedar Point. They describe the cutleaf elderberry as and I quote from them: