Saturday, June 25, 2011

The National Herb Society Conference-Friday, June 24, 2011

The Big Day Finally Arrived!
Jekka Showing Us a Display Garden
She Has a Thyme Named After Her-Jekka's Thyme
She Was So Happy to be Finished and Look At Those Ribbons!
Because the Western Pennsylvania Unit Was Host, They Presented Their History
Some of the Western PA Unit with Jekka Overlooking Pittsburgh
Well, Jekka is on a plane back to her beloved herb farm in Bristol, England.  She gave a splendid talk on Friday afternoon.  I think everyone was left wanting more.  Yes, we were in a tent so it was dark.  National picked the tent! The Western Pennsylvania Unit pulled out all of the stops otherwise.  Ladies, you did a fabulous job.  It was all Jekka could talk about.  How impressed she was with everything you did for and with her.  She has a great deal of respect for all of you.  She told me to make sure that I thank all of you from the bottom of her heart.  She was so gracious with everyone.  She loved meeting everyone from all across the country.  There were about 300 people here.  It was quite the busy week.  There was a Catholic conference, the Furries were in town at the Convention Center (people who dress up like animals) and then the Boston Red Sox fans came to town last night.  BTW, they lost the first game!  Who knew the Pirates would beat the Boston Red Sox!  Well, I degress.  It was just crazy at the hotel.  I guess it was OK we were outside under a couple of tents at times!  I entered the Herb Garden Calendar contest and I forgot to vote for me!  We'll see if I'm even selected.  It was just such a delight to spend time with Jekka today.  I will share those experiences for The Herb Companion this week.  Stay tuned.  Hope you had a great day.  I certainly did!  Talk to you later!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Herb Lady,

You have been so busy lately but I wanted to know if you saw "Midnight in Paris" and what you thought of it if you did.

Have enjoyed reading about all your adventures lately!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

One review coming your way!

Rosemary said...

I believe the President was also in Pittsburgh this weekend! Seems like your neck of the woods is *the* place to be!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It was hopping, Nancy. The world must be coming to an end though, the Pirates won again last night! Pretty amazing!