Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Day of Celebration and Multitasking!

Had to Make Blueberry Muffins for Breakfast!
The Herb Garden on My Birthday
A Candlelit Breakfast Table
Raspberries from the Garden in Our Fruit Bowl
Made Two Batches of Raspberry Jam
The Century Inn in Scenery Hill, PA
My First Course was Seared Scallops with Arugula Salad and Bacon!
A Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
A Lemon Tart for My Birthday
A Beautiful Sunset to End the Day
I feel kind of sad that I had such a fun and full day and others are in the dark and flooded out!  Hurricane Irene was a terror and stayed way too long in some parts of the country.  As you can see by the photos I did way too much on my birthday, but Mother Nature had us picking raspberries yesterday and I had to make jam today.  Raspberries don't keep, but it went quickly this morning.  Usually the early crop doesn't set up well for jam, but it was already set up before we left for dinner tonight.  I forgot to take a photo of my entree.  It was grilled salmon and The Herbal Husband had maple glazed pork.  Yes, I pigged out.  Back to writing everything down tomorrow.  I'm picking up a few extra pounds and need to focus on getting them off!  Always something!  I'm thinking of all of you on the East Coast that got battered by Irene!  Hope everything gets back to normal for you quickly!  Talk to you later.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Looks like you had a well deserved great time and food!!! Happy Birthday!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks, Carol!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Belated Happy Birthday. Your day looks wonderful.

FlowerLady

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks FlowerLady!

Rosemary said...

Happy Birthday Nancy! Your birthday celebrations looked festive!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the lovely visit and kind words. Happy belated birthday to you! Your raspberries are beautiful and your meal looks YUM!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Rosemary and Mina! I had a great day!