Friday, August 12, 2011

The Zen of Weeding!

It was such a beautiful yesterday and today in the garden.  I spent some time weeding before I mowed today.  Makes it so much easier.  Here is an article I found in the latest issue of The Herb Companion magazine.  I could swear it was called "The Zen of Weeding."  It's called Garden Maintenance Methods online by Tammi Hartung who wrote a book called Homegrown Herbs.  Have it on my wishlist.  She will be speaking at the Mother Earth News Fair on September 24 and 25 up at Seven Springs.  I think I will be speaking there as well.  Hope I get to meet her.  Well, in a nutshell, she says to embrace weeding because in the end, it helps you and your herbs.  Hope you had a great day.  Sorry this is so late in the day.  Been really busy.  Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Now that the gardens are established for the most part (always a WIP) it is easier to keep up with weeding...mulch, the natural growth of spread of perennials all help. While doing weekly weeding, the mind can drift to other things...new garden thoughts, for me, quilting or maybe just sorting out a problem or thought that has me baffled. I find it to be quite satisfying when I step back and see how neat things look.

PeggyR said...

Isn't it nice that the weather has cooled down finally!?

trump said...

greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon,Pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

Unknown said...

Weeding is like bonding time with the garden. Of course here lately the weeds are the only green things in the garden, so I left them.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, it is exciting TO to step back and see how nice the gardens look. Getting there, not quite there yet!

Yes, Peggy R, it is nice that it has cooled down!

Thanks Richard for stopping by.

Sometimes you have to leave weeds and sometimes I think that it is going to be a lovely flower only to be a nasty weed! Hope your heat wave breaks here soon!

Thanks all of you for stopping by!