Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Dutch Breakfast


Well, I really don't eat much chocolate any more, but I had to try what my Dutch hosts sometimes have for breakfast.  The top photo is shaved chocolate that comes in a box.  You butter a piece of white bread and then shake the chocolate on to the bread.  Devine! The second photo is of a spice cake or gingerbread.  It was very good as well and very Dutch.  Everything in moderation!  The heat has broken here.  We ordered our doors yesterday.  Yippee!  Hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Oh My! Shaved chocolate on buttered toast!!!! My mouth is watering and I'm fighting the urge to rush to the kitchen and start fixin!!!

Terra said...

The Dutch are onto something good. The chocolate and bread, and the gingerbread, yummy.

PeggyR said...

That does sound good!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Oh my goodness, I don't think I could start my day with shaved chocolate, Dutch style or not. I'd be up a wall.

Show us the doors when they arrive!

Love,

S

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks ladies for stopping by. We already screwed up the order Sharon, but we'll get back on track and let you see them when they are installed!