Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Catching Up on My Favorite Mysteries




















Here are my two favorite authors, Susan Wittig Albert and Laura Childs and their latest paperback releases. They, of course, have a hardcover installment that is out at the same time. Susan Albert's latest is Wormwood and Laura Childs' is Oolong Dead. They write about other topics. I just happen to love herbs and tea. OK? Pretty soon there will be no more paper books I fear! I read Laura Childs on the plane coming back from England. I love the adventures of Theodosia Browning and the Indigo Tea Shop she owns in Charleston, South Carolina. Then there are the adventures of China Bayles in Pecan Springs, Texas by Susan Albert. I have said before that China is living my life except for all of the dead bodies! Loved The Silver Needle Murder and have just started Nightshade and will let you know how it is. Susan is just starting out on her book signing trip around the eastern half of the US. I have met her a couple of times. If you haven't, try to hear her if she is in a town near you. The links are their official websites. Well it's one of Susan's sites. She has a lot. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

ooo nightshade was just wonderful! i know you will love it! i just finished her newest one wormwood and it was very,very good also! i had never heard of the laura child's series until last month and have been enjoying reading them. our library had some of that series but have had to get others through our interlibrary lending service. i agree, what could be better than herbs and tea!lol susan did another delightful series with her husband under the pen name of robin paige. the victorian/eduardian mystery series. have you read them yet? they are just superb! i really have been enjoying susan's cottage tale series also. so clever and who doesn't love beatrix potter and all her little friends!? well enjoy your reads dear. they are great ones!! hugs! :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

First of all thank you for being a faithful reader of my blog. I have very little time to do "pleasure" reading so I have to make it count. If I ever have some extra time, I would definitely read their other series as well. Hugs to you. ;>}

Comfrey Cottages said...

oh i love your blog and i thank YOU for your posting!!! :) sigh i understand about the pleasure reading time!lol go for the victorian/eduardian one first (when you find time) i got a feeling it will be your cup of tea!! hoping your day is sunny and bright hugs :)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is bright and sunny since you visited! ;>}