Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Travel Thursday--A Sea of Humanity!

Saturdays on Portobello Road in London. One of my favorite things we do when we are in London. You hear every language imaginable. The shops you see here are open most days and I actually like the shops better than the Saturday stallholders who sell antiques and all kinds of new stuff. They are renovating the stallholders and upping leases and rearranging things. It was still a lot of fun and I will give you links to the shops that are pictured here.

Octopus is an fun shop with a range of gift items. (Sorry it doesn't have a website.) When I was there in 2005 I bought a hot pink watering can purse. I know you don't believe it, but it's true. I'll take a picture of it some day soon and post it with this post. Blenheim Books is a lovely bookshop with inspiration for architects, gardeners, designers and children. The Spice Shop is a small shop loaded with herbs and spices. The smells are out of this world! A true delight for me! There were even bay standards for sale. Hope you enjoy the virtual visit! The world converges on Portobello Road.

No comments: