Friday, April 17, 2009

Good Herbal Friendship!

Yesterday I spent with my herbal friends of the Piccadilly Herb Club. I was a past president of the evening group a long time ago. Then I needed to be in my own garden more so I changed course. This was the lunchtime table. Loaded with delicious sandwiches, cookies and pineapple upside down cake. Thought that was more than enough and then the speaker, Jason Culp brought more!

Jason is the executive chef of The Pines Tavern and it was where the Herbal Husband and I had our wedding reception almost 22 years ago! Well, what makes the Pines so special is that Jason is growing his own produce in a garden across the street from the restaurant. I'm going to go out there some day soon and have a little lunch and take some pictures so you all can see it.

Unbelievably, he brought their famous crabcakes with herb aioli sauce. YUMMO! There was also a beautiful garden herb salad with lots of different herbs, spinach and arugula, with a Dijon Vinaigrette. It was an herbal feast for all of the senses!

No comments: