Just went out to the herb garden and took this picture. The chive babies have progressed and this is an ornamental sorrel called blood sorrel or bloody dock or Rumex sanguineus. It likes it wet. This one to the left survived in spite of not being near the water. It does not have the sharp lemon flavor that regular sorrel or Rumex acetosa has. So use it as a little punch of color in the garden.
- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennial Herbs
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Shakespearean Garden Designs and Selected Additional Information!