Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Having Afternoon Tea at Claridges, London, England!

In the Mayfair neighborhood:  Claridges
Harpist Played Music During Tea!
Tea Table Set with Limoges Galerie Royale Porcelain!
An Arrangement with Twelve Dozen Roses!
Apple and Raisin Scones Served with Marco Polo Tea infused Jelly, Clotted Cream and French Pastries!
A Tin of English Breakfast Tea Comes with the Bill!
An Afternoon Tea Menu!
Can you believe it!  I forgot to take a picture of our tea sandwiches and we were little piggies!  We had a second round of sandwiches!  The Claridges known for its art deco interiors serves tea in the foyer and reading room.    We even stayed so long that they started the cocktail hour!  Claridges has been famous for afternoon tea for more than 100 years and hopefully, it will be around for at least 100 more!  I raise my tea cup to Claridges!  Hope you are having a wonderful afternoon wherever you may be.  I think we have squeezed out one more great day here in the 'Burgh!  Talk to you later.

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Ohhh... I am so jealous! I haven't made it to Afternoon Tea at Claridges yet, although I've tried on several occasions. I'll get there yet! But, in the meantime, I enjoyed your pictoral review, even without a picture of the sandwiches.
Nancy

Unknown said...

What a lovely time you must have had. I really enjoyed the photos. I could almost see the sandwiches.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

My English companion made reservations months before we went, Nancy! It was very delicious!

Thanks TG! I'll just have to go back to take a picture of the sandwiches!

Pat said...

On your return, let me know if you need someone to carry your luggage...
What a delightful afternoon that must have been - you brought back some wonderful memories!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

More to come TO! Stay tuned!

Bernideen said...

Would be fun to be here today!!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Yes, it would Bernideen! Seeing that empty plate brought back wonderful memories! Thanks for stopping by as always! xo