Thursday, June 7, 2012

Continuing Talking Herbal Containers!

We are always running out of space here in the herb garden.  So again think container.  This is a gray fringed lavender that would not be hardy in southwestern Pennsylvania without being planted in a container.  I would use at least a 12" or 14" diameter container.  If you are going to pair the lavender with other plants I would go to a 16" size.  It is a beautiful day and here I am inside typing this post!  Playing hooky!  Hope to get you my review of the next Timber Press book soon.  The weather has been too nice to be inside typing!  Ha and here I am doing just that!!! Well, I hope you are having a great day wherever you may be.   Also, I'm still looking for two winners of Herb Companion magazines.  If they don't send me mailing information by tomorrow, June 8, 2012 at 10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, I'll draw two names from the remaining people who commented.  Talk to you later.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy,
I received my copy of Herb Companion magazine that you sent today! Thank you for it and for the sweet note inside. I posted a pic of it on my blog today. I am reading it now, and enjoying it very much!
Thank you again,
Dorothy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You are very welcome, Dorothy!

Anonymous said...

Here the weather is too horrible to do any other than stay inside typing. I was getting so desperate to be out there earlier I was contemplating cutting the grass with some hand shears!
I use pot when I run out of space, the best bit is being able to move them around on a whim.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Tracey, I heard about gale force winds. Not good to be out in. Yes, containers are a gardener's best friend. Thanks for stopping by!