Saturday, June 30, 2012

One Way to Get It To Rain!

This is a photo of our front garden!  It's a wild crazy mess of flora and the fauna are around as well.  Oh, back to my story.  Yes, one way we are sure to have rain is that The Herbal Husband spends all day in 97 (He says 98) degree weather only to be chased in by lightning, thunder and RAIN!  He doesn't trust the forecasts and I have to say at times they are incorrect.  I also have to remind myself that it is only June!  I just hope it cools down to where we should be soon!  Getting chores done inside.  Hope you are having a great day.  Talk to you later.

8 comments:

Cindy in FW said...

Need to get the HH a weather rock. It is more accurate than the folks on t.v.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I think I have a poem related to the weather rock? I've heard of it. Thanks for stopping by, Cindy!

Carol said...

Well it didn't work for me. :0( I worked outside and it was 103 and I sweat a river and still no rain here. It's a struggle to just keep things alive.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

WOW, Carol 103! I was out picking berries in 94 degree weather! It wasn't humid but just hot! Try to stay cool dear!

jerilanders said...

I adore crazy cottage and herb gardens! That is all I know how to grow. YOURS is wonderful.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks Jeri very much.

Bre Bachmann said...

I would love to grow an English garden ( 2.5 lots) but hubby thinks will look like a weed yard; how do you keep the weeds down in your front garden?
Bre from Nebraska

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Bre, It is so intently planted for the most part that the weeds are minimal. I try to get around at least each week to make sure something hasn't taken over. We do have invasive problems that we need to watch, but for the most part it is OK. It's a toss up. Some people call it a mess and some call it beautiful. I think if you can find a plan you like, start with that. Also start small. Try a bed or two and branch out from there. Just have fun though and enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by Bre. xxoo Nancy