Friday, June 15, 2012

Like Some Herbal Volunteers!

In all of this mess that is our "vegetable" garden is a lone volunteer of cilantro.  I made the photo a bit larger.  Upper center part of the photo.  We have cilantro plants that have not gone in the ground and are about to go to seed!  Oops!  Some years that is just how it is.  I use lemon balm (that's right under the cilantro) as a ground cover almost when I'm short on ideas.  It will be a quick post today because the weather is so nice outside, we have to keep working!  Hope you are having a great day.  Talk to you later.

6 comments:

Carol said...

I'm learning that lemon balm makes a great ground cover too and oh the wonderful smell when hubs mows :0)
I got my magazine yesterday and have read it almost cover to cover!!! Thanks so much!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You are very welcome Carol!

Anonymous said...

I've grown cilantro, which we call coriander, this year, but it seems to have gone straight to flowers, and has very few leaves. We use this herb a lot, so I thought this would be a money-saver, but I think I would need to grow a field full to supply our needs!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Some years it works that way, Tracey. Mother Nature still has control! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

My elderly father lives in an the local assisted living facility. The thing he missed most about being at home is his herb garden. This year a space was created for him to have an herb garden in the courtyard at Colonial Assisted Living. We have managed to track down just about everything that he wanted to plant except for lemon verbena. Do you know where I can order some? (I've tried googling it without success.) Please email me at herdegen@bellsouth.net

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I'll be in touch, Anon!