- Lemon Verbena Fact Sheet
- Lemon Verbena Recipes
- List of Perennial Herbs
- A List of Annual Herbs
- A List of Tender Perennials
- A List of Edible Flowers and Ten Rules for Eating Them
- A Partial List of Nonedible or Poisonous Flowers
- Links to Guest Posts for Mother Earth Living Magazine
- Links to Timber Press Book Reviews
- Link to My Handout for The Zen of Making Herbal Jelly!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Thyme for Herbal Vinegar!
You need: 2 cups of nasturtium flowers, 1 cup of nasturtium leaves, 2 sprigs of rosemary, 1/4 cup chopped chives, 2 tablespoons of peppercorns, one sterilized canning jar (leave boiling water in the jar for 10 minutes) and white wine vinegar. Easy, peasy as Jamie Oliver would say. This recipe is from The Complete Vinegar Book by Kathy (Kathleen) Gips. She owns the Village Herb Shop in Chagrin Falls, OH. I think it is very pretty in the jar before you decant it. I put it in a sunny window for two weeks. Mine is going to be ready just in time for my presentation on Saturday. It gives you a peppery taste for your salads and stews. I'll put a picture on this posting of the finished product. Got to go make raspberry jam!