Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cheep Rooms on Thursday and Other Stories!

My Friend, Tufa Girl, encouraged me to get out and about and find a Cheep Room in the neighborhood.  Well, this first one is in the yard of a neighbor who was inspired to garden because of our garden!  When she told me that, it gave me goosebumps!  Of course, as I was doing my exercise, at various times, there were sparrows perched on the roof looking like they were using the Cheep Room!  Hope you will be inspired to join us in the search for Cheep Rooms.  Just go to Tufa Girl's subblog, Cheep Rooms and check it out.

OK, I'm getting old quickly.  The title of this post is Cheep Rooms AND OTHER STORIES!  So here are the other stories.  I had lunch today with my dear friend, Carol.  I worked with her at the law firm for almost 17 years and I have known her for 35 years!  Today is her dear dog's birthday.  So Happy Birthday, Bud!  He knows who is the boss in the family!  Here is a photo of Bud from my last visit.



My latest blog post is at The Herb Companion Magazine.  I have been struggling to cook for myself since The Herbal Husband escaped the snow.  I do have some help from historic sources and I have been experimenting with recipes.  Sooo,  please let me know what your favorite comfort food you cook, bake or make when you are by yourself!

6 comments:

lifeshighway said...

Cute birdhouse, I like the painted scenery.

My favorite comfort food when the hubby is gone and I am feeling sorry for myself is an omelet with cheese and whatever else that interests me in the fridge that day.

Unknown said...

I make a quick plate of nachos. Tortilla chips out of the bag and the shredded Mexican style cheese that is always in my refrigerator. One day my sweetie came home when I was munching and asked why I never made them when he was home... oops.

I don't share well....

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks for stopping by you two. You must have a good pair of binoculars Lifeshighway to see that it was a painted birdhouse. Maybe in my next installment before THH gets home, I will tackle my love of cheese! I remember going on a Cheese Curls diet once! I also don't share either. Being an only child, it's a tough thing to do.

Julie said...

This may sound weird but it's very yummy. I cook spaghetti noodles and then put balsamic vinegar on them with Parmesan cheese. Sooo good. It's kind of like having a big hunk of bread at an Italian restaurant and dipping it in balsamic vinegar with olive oil. Anyway, that's what I have.

Linda said...

Cute little birdhouse

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

That sounds very good, Julie. In fact, I may try that before THH gets home! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

It's fun to find them. Thanks for stopping by Crafty Gardener!