Saturday, March 27, 2010

An Early Morning Awards Ceremony!

My best girlfriend and her daughter, Miss C and I went to Heinz Field today for the 71st Annual Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair awards ceremony.  It was quite an impressive event.  Miss C had the highest score at her school so she along with 39 other participants from her school were competing for awards along with hundreds of other students from various parts of Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia.  I think I heard her school's name several times.  Our girl did not win any awards this time, but wait until next year!  Congratulations Miss C!  You're number one in our eyes!  Heinz Field is an impressive place and has beautiful views of Pittsburgh!  Hope you had a great day wherever you may be!

4 comments:

Julie said...

It's not over yet-in fact, barely begun-but I KNOW I will have a good day. The sun is shining, I noticed, yesterday, that my rhubarb is coming back after all and my husband planted peas! Life is sweet!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Glad you were able to enjoy your day, Julie! Thanks as always for stopping by! I have to get over your way!

Anonymous said...

Love Pittsburgh and will be out there this weekend. Are you successful with Lemon Verbena? Mine did not make the first winter and have not planted another. Would like to, tho.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Anonymous,

Check out my earlier post on lemon verbena at:

http://lemonverbenalady.blogspot.com/2008/09/whats-in-herbal-name.html

Lemon verbena is a tender perennial for us and we usually have one in the ground and one in a pot. Sometimes it does come back in the ground, but that is an exception not the rule. When we bring it in the fall, it loses all of its leaves and you think you may have killed it, but if you cut it back and keep it watered, it will start leafing out in mid-February. Check out my new post. You will see a lemon verbena that was attacked by white fly and is making a comeback as we speak. Hope this answers your question. Have fun this weekend. Pittsburgh is a great place with lots to do.