Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cheep Rooms on Thursdays!

This is a pretty mundane birdhouse in our yard.  It is supposed to be a wren house, but everything but a wren has lived in it!  Last renters were yellowjackets!  It was a surprise when you were trying to work weeding or planting in that part of the yard!  Keep away from the front because they were very protective of their space!  Always an adventure!  Hope you will click the photo along the right side of this post to participate in this weekly event inspired by Tufa Girl and her blog, Texas Tufa.  Join in the fun!  Really late blogging today because I was at a Penn State IPM Seminar all day.  Loads of information and a great lunch  makes for a great day.  Talk to you later!

8 comments:

PeggyR said...

It's amazing how sparrows and blackbirds take over the houses! We did actually have a wren nest here last year, so hopefully it will come back!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Well, PeggyR, this hole is not big enough for even sparrows. So maybe a wren couldn't get in either! I hope your wren comes back too! They are so cute! Thanks for stopping by.

lifeshighway said...

I hope the yellow jackets don't come back this year or worse yet wasps.

PeggyR said...

Wrens are small and usually the hole is designed so only they can get in. LOL about my rabbits! We did have live bunnies here one year they nested in the flowerbed up front. My stuffed ones multiply though also along with the bears.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I hope not too! I like that space in the back and it is tough to work with the dive bombing going on! Thanks for stopping by lifeshighway!

We had live bunnies also. Can't have enough bunnies or bears! Thanks for stopping by again, PeggyR!

Unknown said...

The wasps were really bad here last year that we had to plug up the little birdhouses and kept everybody out. Thanks for the mention!

Little Messy Missy said...

I had a yellow jacket hive in my chicken coop last spring. How to lock the "ladies" out while I remover and cleaned the nest up. I sure hope yours will find a new home.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

That's a great idea TG! Exclusion is the best remedy. Soo much fun in the spring to remember summer!

I think they will find a new nest cause I don't think they come back year after year to the same place. It's just the new ones looking I have to keep away! Thanks to you both for the advice!