Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Have Survived for the Most Part!

I'm in the home stretch of being with the birds and the plants by myself!  Here is my breakfast this morning!  A vegetable omelet with an egg and 2 egg whites (out of a carton) and 2 T. of skim milk (mixed in a bowl), spinach, mushrooms, a bit of onion (veggies cooked in the microwave for a minute).  Spray a cooking spray in a pan and heat on high.  Pour in egg mixture, let it set up, turn off heat and then add veggies and 3 T. of reduced fat mozzarella cheese in the middle, sprinkle with some herbs, fold the ends to the middle and serve.  I'm thinking of mixing the veggies and cheese together before putting it into the omelet.  I must tell you that it is very filling and delicious.  Hope you will try it.  I have just about lost about 20 pounds and not just because I have been cooking for myself.  I have done pretty well, but it does take A LOT of brain power to plan your meals.  I hope to do some more planning when The Herbal Husband returns later this week!  Hope you are enjoying your weekend wherever you may be.

6 comments:

PeggyR said...

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Thanks PeggyR! It has actually been fun changing size!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

thanks nancy for stopping by with the kind words about Teddy...

i can't wait to share him with you.

sending love,
kary and teddy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I can't wait to see him either. Wish I were as close as Auntie Sharon! That would be great! Love to you and Teddy as well, Nancy

Little Messy Missy said...

Sounds great!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It was delicious, Missy. Thanks for stopping by!