Tuesday, March 9, 2010

More of My Favorite Herbal Catalogs!


I  realized that I hadn't shared a couple of catalogs that came in the mail the other day!  I have been blinded by the sun around here!  It's going to end tomorrow.  Rain is on its way.  Hopefully, we will lose some more snow.  The catalog above is one of my favorite herb farms and until this year, they did mail order.  Now you have to drive to see them.  If you are in the vicinity of Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, Mulberry Creek Herb Farm is very close.  Stop by and see them.  I have written several posts about the Langans, Karen and Mark.  They are both obsessed with herbs and miniatures in a good way.  They have an annual herb fair at the end of June.  It is a summertime destination.  I have it on my list.  Here is their website.
The other catalog I received is from The Rosemary House.  The exciting part of this year's catalog is that the Rosemarians are coming my way this year.  One of their bus trips is coming to see Pittsburgh's Powerful Gardens.  It is a day of herbal friendship, learning and delicious herbal food.  Who knows you may even see me!  So check out the website above, even to see their upcoming events or ask for your own catalog.  It's jammed with all things herbal.

Tomorrow is a very special day for me, my 500th post.  There may be a slightly large giveaway pending!  So don't forget to check in tomorrow!   Hope you are enjoying a sunny day wherever you may be.  Took a walk this morning.  It is almost like California here!  A girl can dream!  Talk to you later.

11 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

I love to look over those books too. I would love to get a copy of the Mulberry Creek Farm. I'll check them out on the internet.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I still love the paper catalogs, Becca. You will love their catalog. Jam packed with great herbal information. Thanks for stopping by, Becca.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Hello dear, thanks for sharing these catalogs. I have to tell you that I have ALWAYS adored The Rosemary House and of course I loved Bertha.

I hadn't seen the Mulberry Creek Farm catalog before. I need to contact them, but right now I need to work on a blog entry. Are there ever enough hours?

Sending spring breezes,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Oh, Sharon, you will be very close to Mulberry Creek when you are at Kathleen's. Maybe a side trip! Looking forward to your post as always!

Julie said...

Thanks so much for your kind words. It's really been a bummer of a day. Blaaaaaa.

Unknown said...

I bet you are enjoying the clear skies. I see your header photo is showing some soil under all the snow. Eighty degrees here today - means a cold front on the way or another horribly hot summer.

Thank you for adding "Cheep Rooms" to your blog! Hope to see you there on Thursday. (It does not have to be a birdhouse you own.)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

You are welcome, Julie! Take care.

Blue skies are not normal here, TG. So we cherish them. Unfortunately I haven't seen too many birdhouses in our neighborhood. So it may have to be ones I own at the moment! Talk to you later.

Rosemary said...

It's good to know our Calendar of Events/Catalog arrived safely in your mailbox! Onward to a new year of fun events!
Nancy

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Always look forward to its appearance in our mailbox, Nancy. Looking forward to seeing both you and Susanna soon!

PeggyR said...

Thanks for posting on my blog! We were disappointed that the herb shop is no longer there. They may be strictly at their farm now. If you choose to come, let us know and we would be happy to meet you. We are wanting to get to Hale Farm this summer. Haven't been there in years!

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

I will let you know! Never do know when I'll just get in my car and just drive west!