Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beautiful Tree and Flowers!

This is my elderberry tree (Sambucus canadensis) with a cut leaf.  It is partially in the shade of a Chinese chestnut.  It would probably be doing much better with more sun.  We take what we get sometimes!  I just added a blog to my blog list with all things elderberry.  Hope you enjoy it!  I don't think I will have enough elderberries for jelly, but hopefully some day!  Here is a flower closeup.
We had a lot of rain this morning so we will be doing things inside today!  Hope you have a great day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later!

4 comments:

seanymph said...

I have what may seem like a stupid question. Yrs ago at another piece of property I had, I thought I had elderberry. But I noticed that pokeberry looks a lot like elderberry. So how do I tell the difference? I have some woods by me now and I think it might be growing in there and Id love to use them.

Unknown said...

I love the look of the lacy foliage and flowers.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

It is a really beautiful plant, TG! Thanks for stopping by!

Rebecca said...

I just discovered you via Sharon's blog and I've already scrolled through your past 8-10 posts.

Now, in all honesty, I don't have a lot of experience with herbs, but I SO enjoy my yard and garden. I love learning new things, your "eye" gravitates toward the features and folk I would gravitate toward when taking photographs.

I hope to learn VOLUMES from your blog in the coming days and expand my horizons!