Monday, June 28, 2010

I Didn't Think This Was Supposed to Happen!

Leave it to Martha Stewart to set me straight about Lambs Ears 'Helene Von Stein'.  Of course, they flower!  How silly of me to think that they don't.  I was led to believe erroneously that Helene doesn't flower and is grown for its tight mat and foliage!  There are websites that say Helene doesn't flower.  They would be incorrect.  So another misconception bites the dust or mud in our case!  Hopefully the rain is done and we are going to have some nice sunny days and NO RAIN, PLEASE!  Hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you may be.  Talk to you later.

10 comments:

PeggyR said...

Ah I did know they bloom as we had them at our other house. We had some here, but I don't know what happened to them. Oh I am sick of the rain now. We had that nasty storm come through here last night..

Carol said...

Mine blooms and spreads every year and the bees love it!

Unknown said...

Isn't it just a larger leafed variety? I think it must be very happy.

Hey LVL - take the bloom spikes and wrap them into a circle for a silvery summer wreath.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hope your rain is over as well, Peggy. We didn't get the nasty storm you had. It went north!

I have the regular lamb's ears as well, Carol and those do a little spreading.

Thanks TG! That's a great suggestion! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks ladies as always for stopping by!

Little Messy Missy said...

Mine has never bloomed.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Lucky you or not, Missy!

Sincerely, Emily said...

hi - oh I love Lamb;s Ear. I can't tell you what kind I have but it does flower. I need to stake my flowers up like you did because they are all over the ground hanging out. And they are a nice addition to the cut flowers in the house too. I transplanted a few babies last year and both clumps are spreading well. I do need to water them in our hot summers, but that's ok. Emily in So. TX

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

Hi Emily, The Herbal Husband loves strings and stakes! They are very beautiful in arrangements. I have also made Christmas ornaments with the leaves on a styrofoam ball. Hope you find a cool place in the shade, Emily. Thanks for stopping by. Nancy

Anonymous said...

mine did this as well after several years....I chalk it up to them being really really happy :-)

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

That makes me feel better, Wendy! Thanks!